Birthstone December, Turquoise. The meaning of gemstones
December birthstone turquoise. Meaning history gemstones
- Turquoise is a beautiful bright blue opaque stone. Sometimes you can also find them in a bluish green color. The gemstone can have veins of matrix. Matrix is the stone in which the turquoise is formed
- The turquoise forms a perfect match with the zodiac signs Aquarius, Virgo, Libra and Sagittarius.
- Turquoise is often found in areas where the soil is rich of copper.
- Turquoise is one of the lucky stones.
- According to a Hindu tradition, this blue beauty also brings wealth. As soon as you observe the new moon, take a glance at the turquoise and according to this legend, abundance will come to you.
- Besides a beautiful blue color, some turquoise variants in the USA also have great names. What do you think of a name like Sleeping Beauty, Robin's egg blue or Sky blue? The names alone let you dream about beautiful places.
- Pharaohs from ancient Egypt and the Native Americans already used this stone as a protection and healing stone in ancient times.
- But the Chinese were also familiar with this beautiful blue material. More than 3,000 years ago they made wonderful sculptures of turquoise, small and large.
- Until the 1920's, New Mexico was the major supplier of turquoise in America. Now it is mainly found in Arizona and Nevada. But the largest mines nowadays are in the Hubei province, Central China. This is the place where most of the top quality is found.
- With a hardness of 5 to 6 (Mohs) you will find a lot of turquoise that has been stabilized. Also, many stones are colored turquoise or chemically treated with an epoxy or acrylic. This is mainly done to improve durability and color. So always be careful when you want to buy real turquoise.
Are you looking for a piece of jewelry with a beautiful blue turquoise? In our collection we have beautiful changeable earrings set with turquoise or choose one of the stacking rings or turquoise bracelets.