February birthstone and aquamarine
February gemstone aquamarine, gemstone meaning and history
- Color: aquamarine is available in the color range from bluish green to light blue, and from translucent to milky blue.
- Aquamarine is latin for water of the sea. How appropriate that this gem belongs to zodiac sign Aquarius.
- Aquamarine is a variety of the beryl family, other members are green beryl, morganite, heliodor and emerald.
- Brazil, Madagascar, Afghanistan, Nigeria, Pakistan are a few countries wear aquamarine is mined.
- The spiritual meaning of this beautiful blue gem is that it has a calming effect, stimulates sincerity, relaxation, makes you happy and successful. It also stimulates the your communication skills.
- In ancient times they thought that aquamarine gave protection to sailor's and travellers during long stormy sea voyages over turbulent waves.
- Chakra: this gem belongs to the 5th chakra (throat chakra)
- Famous for the aquamarine parure in the Dutch Royal collection.
- Already around 700 BC aquamarine was used as a talisman and amulet. A smal intaglio was carved in the gem to protect the wearer while traveling.
- History: In the Middle Ages they used aquamarine to decorate the statue of Virgin Maria.
Check also the Kiliaan Jewelry aquamarine collection.